INFORMATION REGARDING COOKIES
A cookie is a simple file transmitted alongside the pages of our Website and stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive. The information stored in the file can be sent back to our servers on your next visit to our Website.
In this cookie statement, we explain which types of cookies are placed on your computer and for what purposes.
● the option to stay logged in;
● your preferred language;
● facilitating a shopping cart for our online store;
● load balancing to enable our Websites to perform faster at busy times;
● keeping track of which cookies you have given us permission to use;
● preventing you from seeing certain adverts too often.
You do have the option to block these cookies via your browser, but if you choose to do so, you will need to resubmit your preferences on every visit to our Website.
● visual settings (text size, colours and so on);
● your name, e-mail address and so on, so that you do not need to submit these again on every visit;
● requests to take part in surveys or subscribe to newsletters;
● to prevent you from seeing certain adverts too often.
You do have the option to block these cookies via your browser, but doing so may negatively impact the functionality of our Websites.
Social media buttons
Our Website use services such as AddThis to include buttons enabling you to promote and share web pages on social networks such as Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google+. These buttons also place cookies on your computer.
The functionality of these buttons is based on strings of code originating from the social networks themselves. As such, we have no control over these cookies. Please make sure you read the privacy statements of these social networks (which may be updated from time to time) to find out what they do with the (personal) data obtained via these cookies.
Tracking and profiles
With your permission, our advertisers may place “tracking cookies” on your computer. They use these cookies to keep track of which pages you visit in their networks, so that they can build a profile of your online surfing behaviour. Similar information obtained from your visits to other websites in their network is also used to build this profile. Your profile is in no way linked to your name, address, e-mail address and so on as provided to us, and only serves to tailor adverts to your profile so that they are as relevant to you as possible.
Some tracking cookies are placed by third parties displaying adverts to you via our Websites, amongst others. You can delete these cookies all at once via Your Online Choices to prevent them from being placed back on third-party websites.
When you use our website, the American company Google places a cookie on your computer as part of their “Google Analytics” service. We use this service to track and receive reports about how visitors use our Websites. Google may provide this information to third parties if Google is legally required to do so or insofar as third parties process this information on behalf of Google. We have no control over this process.
• We have not granted Google permission to use the analytics information obtained for other Google services;
• We have switched off the transfer of IP addresses to Google via Analytics;
• We have entered into a data processing agreement with Google regarding their handling of your data.
The information is transferred to Google and stored by them on servers in the United States.